USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Monday, January 15, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Acrylic Landscape Painting



8x10 inches
oil on panel

500.00
availale at Arceneaux Gallery, Birmingham, Alabama




Painters Tips




Mixed Media Fun


Using dual mediums can be a real blast. I love playing with colored pencil and pen together. They are perfect marriage for the cartooning I love to do. Other great combinations are watercolor and pastel. I love to put thin transparent oil glazes over acrylic but there have been several arguments back and forth about the archival problems of using oils over acrylics. I'm not going to take sides on that because I am no archivalist. Most of the time I keep the two as totally separate mediums. I also like acrylic with ink on top.

Have some fun playing with mediums together. Mixed media is a terrific and fresh approach to technique too.

No comments: