USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Paintings



Lake Alice
8x10 inches
oil on panel
SOLD

See my paintings HERE

Art Notes Blog HERE



Linda's Ebay Studio Sale- November 19-29



Painters Tip

Getting ready for the Ebay Sale

You have decided on a date for the sale. The next step is to photograph all of the paintings and save the images in a folder. You will need to purchase envelopes for the paintings to fit in if they are on panels, or order boxes from the Post Office if you are selling stretched paintings. You will need to box up a painting for each size you re selling and have the PO weigh them for you to get the postage. I just use a flat rate for mine because they are all small enough to fit in a Manila envelope. Don't over charge for shipping. In fact I charge a bit less than the actual postage for some, because people are put off by high shipping fees.

Make a template for the sale paintings and you can reuse it for all of them. I always list a small miniature for a couple of weeks before the sale so I can put an announcement for the sale in my listing well in advance. You will need to send out a couple of email announcements a week or two before your sale to give people a heads up. Be sure to include all information about the sale listings in that email so people will know exactly what you are offering,how to find the listings, and the price and shipping. You could do a postal mail out with a card, but I don't because I don't want to invest a lot of capital for a sale. I always put the announcement everywhere I can that is free online. I always list all of the paintings for the same opening bid and shipping rate. It is just easier.

Before the sale you will need to get all of your promotional materials together and any packing materials that you are going to need. I like to list everything on the same day so it will all end the same day and I can pack it all up and take it all to the PO the same day if possible. I always use paypal. I always list the sale for 10 days to give people plenty of time to find the sale and bid.

I also always save the emails from buyers to use the next year. Some of them will be bad by then but many of them will still be good. Get all of your paintings, packing materials,promotional materials and put them in the same place for easy packing and sealing. Check all paintings twice to the buyer to make sure the are not mixed up. I did that once. Had to pay both parties to re-ship to each other. Not a great idea!!!

The main focus must be on promotion and getting the word out to clients, family and friends. Use good keywords like Landscape, plein air,portrait,still life,studio sale,etc. Don't use words that are cutsy, like "pink bunny", "Wow" or "Look at this". I always start my listing with Blondheim Art because people know to search with my last name or art. My listing will look like this:


Blondheim Art Studio Sale Landscapes NR

Best of luck!!

No comments: