USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Friday, November 28, 2008

Which Artists' Work Should You Collect?


Feed Shed
12x16 inches
acrylic on Birch panel
wired and ready to hang unframed
Purchase HERE


Which artists' work should You collect?

Well, Mine of course!! :>)

When you start out as a collector, think about it as the beginning of a long term relationship with your art. Take the time to think about what part of your budget you wish to use to purchase art. Will it be multiple paintings over a period of time? Will it be one special painting, hung in a prominent place in your home or office? Are you an art lover or someone who wants a memory of a special person, pet, or place in your life? Do you prefer bright intense colors or more subdued? Is your home contemporary with modern furniture and sleek lines or is it more traditional with classic furniture, drapery and rugs? How will your choice in art fit in with the environment you are comfortable with?

I collect art myself and have for many years. I love the landscape and so all of my paintings, and the paintings I have purchased have to do with nature in some way. My choices are thematic. I purchase art from painters who have a passion for nature and the landscape. I purchase from artists who love their process of work entirely. I believe strongly in the old saying "paint what you know and love". I don't want to buy paintings from somebody who lives in the big city doing landscapes. I want to buy landscapes from artists who live here in the South, who paint the places that are so dear and special to me. As a collector, I want to buy from artists I respect, who know the land I love, and who paint it with the same passion that I do.

Buy local and regional art because we are the painters who love your part of the world. I paint and travel all over the South, especially in Alabama, Florida, Georgia and North Carolina. When you see my paintings in a gallery in the South, you know I have a deep commitment to Southern Culture and the land. I haven't been flipping through magazines, guessing what the land looks like. That is why I don't try to be a western artist, though that is the most popular place to paint the landscape. I prefer to paint what I know, understand and love.

Wherever you live or travel to; whatever place you love and want a memory of, choose the artists who live and work there to start your collection. You will live the passion for it through their work.





This week's Make an Offer Painting

Ozello Marsh
12x16 inches
unframed
oil on Masonite panel

You must make an offer of at least 10.00 and agree to pay 10.00 for shipping, or pick up at my studio to avoid a shipping charge. To make an offer email me at: lindablondheim@gmail.com Put OFFER in the message line. I will notify you if you have the highest offer each Sunday night.

1 comment:

Archita Singh said...

That's a beautiful landscape!

Please visit us at the India Art Summit. Following the inaugural success of India’s international art fair for modern & contemporary artworks in 2008, the second edition is slated for the 19th – 22nd August 2009 in New Delhi, India.
Do visit our website for more details at www.indiaartsummit.com