USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Working with artists on commissions,Color Fields Series,This weeks "MAKE AN OFFER"painting



Leaning Palm
12x16 inches
oil on panel

This Week's MAKE AN OFFER painting:

You must make an offer of at least 10.00. You must pay 10.00 shipping or pick up painting from my studio, and .0625% Florida sales tax if you are a Florida resident. Send offers to lindablondheim@gmail.com Put OFFER in the subject line. This offer is available through December 7th at 6PM.

Current High Offer on the above painting is 50.00






Color Field
5x7 inches
acrylic on mat board
unframed
50.00
Free Shipping









The color field series is based on my admiration for Mark Rothko's beautiful paintings. I saw them at the museum in Montgomery Alabama a few years ago and the pictures in books don't do them justice at all. I am not an abstract painter, preferring the landscape as my subject, so I decided to experiment with the idea of color fields in representational work. These small studies are the result.


Working with artists on commissions

What should you expect from an artist you commission a painting from?

You should expect good communication skills.

You should expect to see representative samples of the artist's work.

You should expect to receive work by the deadlines agreed upon, or be advised of any unforeseen situation which will cause delays.

You should expect to be treated courteously and with respect.

You should expect to receive some documentation about the painting you purchase, with archival information, for future restoration if needed.

You should expect the artist to use professional quality paints and supports, to insure longevity of the painting.

You should expect a skill level which is comparable with the cost of the painting.
You should expect an invoice or receipt for the painting.

Most of my collectors are my personal friends. I go the extra mile for them always and do the best I can to please them. They are very important to me as clients and personal friends. They deserve no less than my best efforts.

No comments: