USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Wednesday, July 26, 2006



12x16 inches
oil on panel
sold




Collector's Tip



I do a fair number of commissions every year and I like doing them. A commission is a partnership between the collector and the artist. Here are things you should expect from an artist you commission:

You should expect good communication skills.

You should expect to see representative samples of the artist's work.

You should expect to receive work by the deadlines agreed upon, or be advised of any unforeseen situation which will cause delays.

You should expect to be treated courteously and with respect.

You should expect to receive some documentation about the painting you purchase, with archival information, for future restoration if needed.

You should expect the artist to use professional quality paints and supports, to insure longevity of the painting.

You should expect a skill level which is comparable with the cost of the painting.

You should expect an invoice or receipt for the painting.

Most of my collectors are my personal friends. I go the extra mile for them always and do the best I can to please them. They are very important to me as clients and personal friends. They deserve no less than my best efforts.

No comments: