USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Monday, August 21, 2006

Kanapaha Gardens Pond



Kanapaha Gardens Pond

12x16 inches

acrylic over casein

$700.00




Painter's Tip



Work Revisited


Sometimes your older paintings can be revitalized. I had this painting sitting in my studio for about two years. I had done it in casein. It just looked flat and dull with no vitality. I had forgotten about it. Perhaps it was waiting for my skills to grow enough to save it.

Look around your studio and go through your older work. Many times you will see ways to improve it with fresh ideas and more skill than you may have had at the time you did the painting.

I don't know about you, but my skills have improved over the years.

Often times there is nothing wrong with the painting's composition. It just needs better execution.

No comments: