USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Blondheim Art original acrylic landscape painting Palms



5x7 inches
acrylic on panel
unframed
115.00 includes shipping

Purchase at: www.lindablondheim.com




Painters Tip


More on Juried Exhibitions.....


You have decided what your motivation is for entering. You have done your homework on the judge and the cost of shipping the paintings to and from the location, if applicable. Now you must read the brochure from cover to cover at least twice, highlighting the important information.


Why do I write this?


Once a few years ago, I entered a top regional show, coveted by all, and was accepted. I was so smug and proud of myself. My hubris knew no bounds until I realized that the painting I had submitted was two inches larger than their size restriction allowed. I was horrified. I called the director, begged and pleaded, even offered to send a substitute painting. Of course they said NO. My lack of attention to detail cost me a fine exhibit for my resume and possible prize money.

You must follow the directions to the letter if you are to commit to the exhibition.


More on juried exhibitions tomorrow.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like the way you've painted the palms here.. you did an excellent job simplifying them down, and they're so hard to simplify and have them still look good!