USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Friday, January 26, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Floral Acrylic Painting



5x7 inches
acrylic on panel
unframed
115.00 shipping included

Purchase: HERE




Painter's Journal


I will be away for two days, 1/27/07 - 1/28/07, to teach a Workshop here in North Florida. It is going to be great fun and there are painters coming from Alabama, Georgia and Florida. It is always wonderful to meet painters I don't know. I will return with my regular postings on Monday 1/29/07.

My annual studio sale is in progress at EBAY Just type in Blondheim Art to see the sale paintings.

All of the paintings start at 4.99 with no reserve and free shipping. They are all plein air studies and original. I hope you will enjoy the sale.






Painters Tip


Consider your strengths and weaknesses


analyzing your work a bit may help your progress. Pay attention to comments others make to you or others about your paintings. It won't take long to figure out your strengths. Viewers will give them to you over a period of time. Mark the comments down and think about them. You will see your strengths emerge. For myself, the comments I get most often are , luscious color, composition, and beautiful light and contrast. Those are strengths for me and I utilize them in my work, focusing on those strengths. I can deduce these as my strengths because those are the comments I get over and over again.

Weaknesses are more difficult to discern because most people won't say your art sucks!! However, If you begin to look at art that you like and compare it to your own, you will quickly start to see your own shortcomings. I know that my perspective is poor, though I practice it often. It is jut a flaw in my work or a weakness. I also do tonal work poorly, though I admire the tonalists greatly. My tonal work often looks dull and dead.

After you do a bit of analysis you will know which areas you need to practice and improve. Don't avoid them. Instead, practice them all the time. There are few perfect painters. Some are certainly more talented than the rest of us but we all have some sort of flaw in our work which we have only to discover and work on improving.

No comments: