USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Landscape Oil Painting



12x16 inches
oil on panel
silver frame
800.00

Purchase Here
Painters Tip


What interests you?


I am always baffled by artist who say they have trouble thinking of what to paint. I can't imagine running out of interesting things myself. I have a huge library of reference photos, some of places I travel and some of parts and pieces of subjects which I want to study in detail. I also have shelves high in my studio which hold lots of old crockery, toys, and generally weird things to pull down and set up in still life arrangements.

If you enjoy cooking, the produce section of a supermarket or a cooking shop will send you into orbit with color and texture.

If you love flowers, go to a botanical garden or plant nursery with easel or camera in hand.

If you love portraiture or figure work, there is always a group who shares models around, usually for 5.00-10.00 a session.

Your studio and art supplies alone make interesting subjects on a cold rainy day.

If you are a landscape nut like me, get to know the farmers and ranchers in your part of the world. Most of them will be happy to allow you to photograph or paint on their lands.


Paint what you are interested in and you will always be inspired. Don't try to hitch your wagon to what is popular if you have no interest in the subject or style. You will do inferior work because your heart isn't in it. Paint what you love and it will show in your work. You are unique as an artist, so there is no need to copy anyone else.

No comments: