USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Landscape Acrylic Painting



5x7 inches
acrylic on panel
unframed
115.00 includes shipping
Purchase at: www.lindablondhim.com




Painters Tip


Seeing Shapes

If you can’t figure out how to draw or paint something, think of it in terms of basic shapes. Can you find any geometric shapes which will help you to put things together in the object? The chances are that you will. Let’s say that you want to draw a pitcher or a vase. It you look at how wide it is and compare it to how tall it is, you will either have a square or rectangular shape that you can use to start with.


Then look for the negative spaces between the edges of the actual object and the rectangle or square you are using. The form starts to emerge out of the basic box shape you started with. You will also see these geometric shapes in the figure, animals, houses, trees and other objects. It is a great way to start.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have been meaning to write since I added your site to my Favorites several months ago. I really like your work and appreciate your sharing of your painting knowledge. I love your use of color and form -- very fresh and lively. Paint on, Jenna

Susan G. Holtzman said...

You, Linda, are one of the most generous artists I've ever met. Had you not posted that wonderful click back on Painter's Keys, I might never have met you online. Thank you so very much. I would love to take a workshop with you someday.

Linda Blondheim said...

Dear Jenna,
Thank you so much for reading my blog. I'm so glad that it is useful for you. I do love color. Can't help myself!! :>)

Susan,
It was a joy to see your fresh lively work on your blog. I wish you all success and would love to have you in one of my workshops someday.

Love,
Linda