USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Cypress Trees



Cypress Trees
4x6 inches
oil on board
$65.00
Gold easelback frame

Purchase at: www.lindablondheim.com



Painters Journal



Friends, I am going to be away traveling for about 10 days. I'm off to Daytona Beach first to judge the Halifax Art Festival, and then to Alabama to paint for several days. I am really looking forward to painting in Bama in the fall. It is so lovely there this time of year.

While I am away, please enjoy this blog about a recent paint out I was in, in High Springs, Florida.

http://www.theartofnatureinhighsprings.blogspot.com


I hope to have Alabama paintings to show you when I get back home.

Love,
Linda


Painters Tip


Exercise in defining color


Pick out an object or area and try to decide what color family the objct comes closest to. Is it more green or more blue or some combination? Compare obects around the object and compare them as to color and temperature. When you see the exact color of an object, the things around it will become more clear in their color too.

No comments: