USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Florida Palms



14x18 inches
oil on canvas
1000.00
silver frame

Purchase at: www.lindablondheim.com




Painters Tip


Experimenting with palettes


Now and then it's fun to work with a severely limited palette. The palette from the painting above is:

Ivory Black
Sap Green
Transparent Red Iron Oxide
Cadmium Yellow Lemon
Titanium White


I like to challenge myself to mix colors out of few choices. This palette makes nice tonal work. It is great for overcast days in Florida. Surprisingly, you can get a fairly accurate sky without blue. The Ivory Black is a pretty good substitute.

I used this palette for another painting on the blog recently. It was palm trees on the Econfina River. I liked it so much then that I have decided to do a few paintings with it to explore the possibilities.

It was quite by accident that I used these colors on that painting. They just seemed to fit the mood of the painting.

The next time you do a painting with a short list of hues and you like it, write them down and do some more paintings with them.

No comments: