USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Monday, November 13, 2006

Hay Field Montgomery Alabama II



14x18 inches
oil on canvas
1000.00

Purchase at: www.lindablondheim.com




Painters Tip


Composing


Take your time while composing your painting. The biggest problem I have, and see in other's work, is rushing into a painting. We are so excited by the possibilities and in being at a lovely place that we forget to slow down and compose our paintings carefully.

I like to take the time when I can, to consider many possibilities before committing myself to a composition. I usually start my block in with one color, using the rule of thirds to grid off my canvas first. I place the major elements in the scene and then use a second color to correct for size or moving an element to correct for placement. After I have carefully arranged the elements of my composition, I then consider what I can use to lead the viewer through the painting and keep him there as long as possible.


Spend a little more time composing and your paintings will improve. I always know when I have blown that part because the painting just isn't right.

No comments: