USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Salt Springs Run



12x16 inches
acrylic on panel
silver plein air frame
800.00

Available at Paddiwhack Gallery : paddiwhack@bellsouth.net





Painters Tip


Keep Growing


Mature painters who are secure in their own style may feel that they have done it all. I don't!!! I think we still have so much to learn. I do painting research each day, attempting to improve my technique and style with better information.

If you have been painting the same way for years, perhaps it is time for a change or a new technique. It doesn't have to be permanent. Try a new palette of colors, different brushes or format size. Take a summer class or a workshop in a new medium. Spend time looking at artists you have not been familiar with and go to the museum. It is very easy to get complacent when you have been painting for years and years.

Shake up the old routines for a bit of time. You will have a fresh new outlook on your work.

Old dogs can learn new tricks.

4 comments:

RGrantham said...

I completely agree, I am growing everytime I paint, it's an exciting journey.

I stopped by to say I enjoy your work and wanted to congratulate you on finding your voice, I can pick out your paintings among the 100+ that are posted everyday.

All the best,
rebecca

Linda Blondheim said...

Rebecca,
Your kind words mean so much to me. I will remember them in the dark days of struggle we artists all have to go through.
Love,
Linda

PMM pamela munger said...

Linda,

You are such an inspiration. I just started painting last December and have learned a lot from artists like you. Thanks for all your great tips!

Pamela

Linda Blondheim said...

Pamela,
You are so welcome. When I was a beginning painter, no one was willing to share their knowledge. My goal is to help all of us to be the best we can be.
Love,
Linda