USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Paintings

See my paintings HERE

Art Note Blog HERE


My Ebay Studio Sale starts November 19, 2007 and runs through November 29, 2007 All paintings will start at 2.99 with no reserve and 4.00 shipping.



Painters Tip

This is a great way to study and improve your paintings. I like to take older studies and paint them again if I like the composition or some feature of the painting. The first painting below was done about five years ago on location, not corrected or touched up.

The second painting was inspired by the first one. I changed to acrylic for the medium and did the second painting in studio with the triadic palette. Even though I liked things about the first and especially liked the composition, I wasn't entirely happy with the palette or contrast in the first painting. Studying it to paint again has improved several aspects of the original composition.

This is a wonderful way to reconsider paintings and improve on technique, both in palette choices, composition, values etc. It is also a lot of fun. You end up with a good painting, usually better than the first effort.




Original painting was in oils








Second painting was in acrylics

No comments: