USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Paintings



My Yard
11x14 inches
oil on panel
gold frame
700.00

Purchase HERE

Art Notes Blog HERE

Linda's Ebay Studio Sale November 19-29


Painters Tip


The painting above was heavily influenced by the NOTAN process of painting. If you want to learn something about values, I highly recommend that you study this way of painting. NOTAN means dark and light in Japanese, though there is not a literal translation. It is much more complicated than that simple definition. It is a step by step process of discovery. I've been studying the process for about 7 months but have a long way to go. It has to do with the arrangement of dark and light in your painting. Making decisions about which values will dominate the composition and so forth. I have found that it helps me simplify the way I look at a composition. It works very well with my painting style because I like contrast and very crisp values.

I have trimmed down to a five value system for quite some time. It makes painting simple for me. The NOTAN process fits me very well. However, I don't know that it will be as useful for painters who like lots of detail in their work. NOTAN tends to be mass oriented rather than detail oriented,at least for me, though of course it could be adapted to any style.

No comments: