USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Paintings



Mail Art
Original Paintings to send through the mail.
Envelope included
11.00
.60 shipping

Purchase HERE

Art Notes Blog HERE


Painters Tip



Checking for the right color

When you are out painting on location, it is often hard to get a match for local color. I do a couple of things which really work well. I use a color isolator. That sound very high tech and cool but it is really a piece of gray mat board with a hole punched in it. Looking at color through the gray board will tell you how close you are. Hold the mat board out at arms length in front of the area you want to match. Then after you have it imprinted in your mind, hold the mat over the color you have mixed on your palette. You will be able to compare without distraction.

The second way is even easier. I load the brush with my paint and hold it out at arm length in front of what I am painting. I know right away whether it is even close in both value and color temperature. I make adjustments, then hold it out again until I have made a good match.

2 comments:

indiaartist said...

Your blog has so much practical advice for any artist. You are never tired of writing long and helpful posts. Thanks. I love the landscapes especially with palms. They look so effoertlessly beautiful.

Manjiree

Linda Blondheim said...

Manjiree,
Thank you so much for the kind comments. I appreciate them so much. We bloggers often wonder if anyone is actually reading our posts. It's good to know that mine are helpful.
Love,
Linda