USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Paintings



My Yard III
14x18 inches
oil on canvas

Work In Progress




Painters Tip


Limiting shapes in values

The painting above is a work in progress I started this morning out in my yard. I am ever aware of the NOTAN approach to painting and so I have tried to simplify the shapes as well as the values in this painting. In my study of NOTAN, I am seeing more and more emphasis in simplifying my composition into fewer shapes/masses and fewer values.

It is a completely different approach to painting than anything I have done before and it suits my work so well. I have never been a realist painter, never had an interest in copying nature. I am an expressionist and my focus has always been on studying the complexity of design. The fact that I love Essentially, the above painting simplifies the masses into a few shapes and connects dark or light throughout the painting. I try to form the connections of shapes throughout, using positive and negative shapes to form transitions between dark and light areas. There are of course multiple values, but basically it is a three value painting with dark being dominant.

No comments: