USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Paintings



Florida Trail Palms
24x24 inches
oil on canvas

See my paintings HERE

Art Notes Blog HERE


Painters Tip

Why have a studio sale?

The obvious answer is to make money, but there are other good reasons too. No one stays in the same place as a painter. Hopefully we are growing in our technique, and our muse. Our style evolves over a period of a year. If you are like me, you are always involved in new study. I do hundreds of studies in small sizes. Sometimes they sell at retail and sometimes not. I also do a fair number of experiments that I am not really satisfied with, but someone else might love. In fact, some paintings sell well that I would not have expected to and others that I simply love, do not sell in the galleries.

I put all of my studies and older works in a browse bin in my studio at a reduced price. At the end of the year, I put what's left on Ebay for my annual sale, see above. The fun of an Ebay sale is that they often go for a higher price than they would have in the browse bin. Go figure!!

I think it's important to have a fresh start every year. Cleaning out the studies makes patrons happy to have affordable work and gives me space to start with the new year's work. I also think it is important to show fresh new work in galleries each year. There is something a little sad about seeing an artist's work in shows and galleries over and over that is old. I judge a few art shows each year and it is frankly, a turn off to see the same recycled work from an artist. I automatically wonder if they are growing and producing, or just painting enough paintings to show them over and over again.

Tomorrow I'll give out some suggestions to prepare for a sale.

No comments: