USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Friday, November 16, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Paintings



River Palms
12x16 inches
oil on panel
champagne silver frame
800.00

Purchase HERE

Art Notes Blog HERE


Linda's Ebay Sale November 19-29, 2007


Painters Tip


Working with Values

I study NOTAN. One of the benefits of that process is learning to simplify values successfully. I use about five values in my work, sometimes more, sometimes less. One of the things NOTAN taught me is to emphasize one dominant value in my paintings. I try to Analise the scene and think, What is the dominant value here?

One of the exercises I like to do is the three value dominant paintings. I will do a series of light value paintings, a series of mid value paintings and a series of dark value paintings. These are the 9, 2 1/2 inch by 3 1/2 inch paintings on index paper. They are very small and I can paint them quickly. After this exploration, I am ready to start a large painting with a plan. I know where I am going with the values. Since I use a tetradic palette with the orange/blue and red/green compliments, I also know where I will be going with color.

If all this seems formulaic, it is in a way, but there is so much room for interesting accidents, my intuitive side has equal opportunity.

No comments: