USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Paintings



Christmas Tree
2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches
Mixed media on Index Paper

See My Paintings HERE

Art Notes Blog HERE


Linda's Annual Ebay Studio Sale November 19-29 2007



Painters Tip

Get your client's attention


The holidays give you a perfect opportunity to show off a bit and give your clients and friends a small holiday treat.

Most artists send a greeting card of one of their paintings to clients. I used to do that too each year. It's nice and I'm sure they enjoy it, but how about sending them an original piece of Mail Art? That is what I'm doing this year. I made mixed media miniatures of trees for my clients and friends this year, mounting them to mat board cut the size to fit in invitation envelopes. You can buy invitation envelopes in buff or white, at any office supply store. You don't have to send holiday themes. You can send any design or subject you please. These tiny paintings will sit on a decorative easel and they can bring them out each year for the holidays to enjoy.

I sign the back with a hand written greating in green or red ink. You can also put a small studio label on them if you wish. If I were a client, wouldn't I be more impressed by an original piece of art as a greeting instead of a reproduction? You bet!!

I use mat board scraps for the backing and markers and pins for the drawings. The cost is minimal.

These little drawings turned out so well that I decided to create a line of mail art in varous subjects to sell. I package them with an envelope and a label on the back that says:

Mail Art
Linda Blondheim Art Studio
Send Original Art
First Class Stamp

The label lets buyers know that the art is designed to be mailed.

Send your clients something special this year. Your gift will stand out!!

No comments: