USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Friday, September 22, 2006




10x10 inches
acrylic on canvas
$550.00






Painter's Tip






Keeping Your Promotional Materials Ready


The art business is full of opportunities if you are prepared to take them. Almost daily I am presented with the chance to promote my work to galleries, print media, curators, and potential clients.


You may say, “She is just lucky”. That is not the case. We make our own luck all of the time.


I work on my resume, my statements, and my bio often, to keep them current and up to date. I pick times to do that when I have a few extra minutes, very early in the morning or late at night before bed time.


I change my business card and update the information at least every other year. I try to make opportunities to hand them out often enough to run out once a year.


I purchased a software program for artists which makes invoices and receipts in a professional looking format, so that I can zip them off in no time.


I make 2 or three packets at a time with my statement/bio/resume/ a gallery sheet with thumbnail images of my paintings and a cover letter to introduce myself. I keep these in manilla envelopes to hand out if the opportunity presents itself.


Keep your materials current and up to date so you will not miss out on opportunities.

No comments: