USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Monday, September 11, 2006

Studio Door











Studio Door
8x10 inches
acrylic on mat board







Painter's Tip





Just Have Fun




To the non-artists in the world, we artists have fun all day long. They say” It must be so nice to just sit around and paint all day for fun”. I’m here to tell you that being a professional artist is about work, work ,work and a lot of pressure.


I think it is important for us to step outside of our box and have fun with paint. It is very easy to get into a rut, and to play it safe as an artist. Frankly, I know artists who could be absolutely brilliant painters, but they have found a market for their present work and are unwilling to take any risks to grow and develop.



I’ve always been a risk taker and it is underrated. I have learned most of my technique and style from risky paintings over the years.



Sometimes it is just important to take the time out of your “money making” art to have fun with paint.



I’m in a group called Visions. We are three professional painters who like to have fun with our work. We dream up projects that are not our usual subjects. We meet a couple of times a month to paint together in one of our studios and socialize. We are working on a “door” project now and I am having great fun cartooning doors.



Now get out there and find your own way to have some fun with paint!!!

1 comment:

Jamie Williams Grossman said...

Linda, I really like what you say about the importance of taking risks and thinking outside of the box for growth and motivation. Big thumbs up!

This colorful studio door makes me smile.