USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Wacahoota Cattle








18x24 inches
oil on canvas
$1500.00







Painter's Tip


Revising Your Paintings



Sometimes it is necessary to fool around with a painting for awhile to make it work. I have gone through three revisions on this painting over a period of several weeks. There were things I really loved about it and things that just weren't working.



I believe I have it right for my own satisfaction now. Yes, there are broken rules of composition in it, but I am satisfied with it none the less.



Don't be afraid to change a finished painting if it doesn't satisfy you.



There was a time when I bought into the alla prima religion that so many painters are worshiping these days. I thought that once it was done, that was it. There was no going back to it to correct or enhance the work Somehow, there was a magic purity to alla prima paintings. I have over the years come to realize that doing a painting in one session doesn't necessarily make it great!!



I like to leave my paintings hanging up for a week or two before I decide whether they need further attention. They often can be improved after a resting stage.

No comments: