USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Monday, September 18, 2006

Paynes Prairie








Paynes Prairie
6x8 inches
oil on panel

$300.00







Painter's Tip




Elements of Design


While in art school, I was very lucky to have studied with an excellent design professor. Because of his tutelage I became interested in design and have studied it throughout my painting career.


I have seen in recent years that many artist know nothing about design concepts and have not been given the opportunity in art school to study design. A few years ago I started looking for good design textbooks and discovered that no one is teaching design anymore in art school, save the graphic design departments.


I am putting together a series of workshops which focus on design elements in the landscape. Composition and design are elemental to good painting and I feel it is important to study this.

No comments: