USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Evinston Packing House circa 1905




12x16 inches
oil on panel
$800.00




Painter's Tip





Paint What You Love



I always find that the places and subjects that are dear to my heart make the best paintings. I travel all over the south painting and immersing myself in the culture, food, history, and people. They are dear and precious to me.

Painting what I understand and love just makes good sense. I know it is more exotic to be an international painter or a west coast painter, but I love the South. I was born and raised here.

I believe you will paint the best work in a place that you love and understand. The next time you look at the glossy magazines and see that painters from other places are getting all the attention, think about what is really important to you. If being in magazines is important, then go to the West coast or Italy or France and paint in these high profile locations. On the other hand, if being a part of your culture and loving it's depth and history is more important to you, look at your surroundings with new eyes. You have the ability to show others your wonderful part of the world through your paintings.

No comments: