USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Blondheim Art Indian Pass Palms Painting

24x24 inches
oil on canvas
silver frame
1800.00
Purchase HERE

Painter's Tip
Managing Your Palette

I get emails asking me about how I manage my palette?

My system is simple. I line the paints up at the very top of my palette in ribbons of color, not blobs. The ribbons allow me to pull paint off the end and move it further down on the palette for mixing. I keep the white at one end, separated from the other colors. It is the easiest to contaminate. If I am using a split primary palette I keep the warm and cool version of each color side by side, so I will have two yellows, two reds and two blues.

I pull the end of the ribbons off and move them down on the palette to make my color mixtures. When it gets too crowded with mixtures, I take a paper towel and wipe down the palette, leaving the original ribbons at the top of the palette untainted. I just rub the paint into the palette until the surface of the paper towels are clean. This keeps the palette oiled and smooth as glass. Then I can start mixing again on a clean palette.

A clean palette surface makes for clean crisp color mixing and minimizes mud.

More on palette managing tomorrow........

No comments: