USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Blondheim Art Original oil landscape painting Palms

12x16 inches
oil on panel
800.00
gold frame
Purchase
HERE




Painters Tip



I've been experimenting with a couple of mediums in the last couple of weeks. The first is Gamblin Alkyd Medium, supplied by my workshop sponsor Central Florida Office Plus in Gainesville, Florida. it is nice to get samples to try before you commit to a product. I really like this medium and will purchase some more when I run out.

The other arrived today via USPS and it is fairly expensive but I've heard about it for years so I was ready to invest $40.00 for a large bottle . It is Garrett Copal Medium, made by Ron Garrett. I gave it a whirl this afternoon for a bit of painting and I like it. It is darker color than the Gamblin but works in a similar way, to set the paint up nicely and make it stay where you put it. it is a bit thicker than I prefer but I think it will work fine.

I'm not really sure which one I will like the best but I am leaning toward the Gamblin because it is lighter in color and a bit thinner, just right for mixing into paint. It dries quickly too.

Try seeing if your local art supply dealers have small samples of products which you can try before investing a lot of money.

No comments: