USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Friday, March 23, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Oil Painting Palms

This Week's Ebay Painting
10x10 inches
oil on deep gallery wrap canvas
Painted a solid color on the sides and wired ready to hang unframed.
View Here

Painters Tip
Saving Paint

I keep what I call a mud pile on my palette. At the end of each day, I scrape all of the paint into one pile and mix it up. Depending on my palette it is usually brown , gray or green. I clean off the rest of the palette, leaving the pile for the next day. I use the pile for block ins and for neutral areas of the painting I am working on the next day. It is a great way to save paint. It works very well for tree trunks too. It also is useful for toning canvases or panels before painting. If I have too much to use up, I put it in a small glass jar with a lid, so that it will last. This saves money in the long run and keeps paint from getting thrown away. Oil paints are expensive, so the mud pot is great.

No comments: