USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Blondheim Art Paintings from the Florida Trail

12x16 inches
oil on panel
silver frame
800.00
Purchase HERE




Painters Tip


Thematic Interest


One of the things that keeps me excited about painting is my life outside of the world of art. I am interested in lots of thing and those interests feed me with painting ideas. For example, I joined the Florida Trail Association last year and they asked me to be their artist in residence for 2007. I went to their conference last week and demonstrated painting, looked at all of the wonderful exhibits about the wild places in Florida, saw a fellow who had hiked the trail, and so forth. It was so great that I was inspired to start a series of paintings about the places on the Florida Trail. I will be able to do many paintings over the next several months and I look forward to my project.

If you are wondering what to paint and are uninspired, let your life interests provide your subjects. The old saying "Paint what you know" is very true. I always paint my best work when the subject relates to me personally in some way. It can be your neighborhood, your children, your pets, your land or the land you travel to. What about your own back yard? I am a Florida native and nothing inspires me more than the flora and fauna of Florida. I love painting this state.

I know there are places and events which you have experienced, which have left deep and lasting memories for your life. Those places and events are waiting for you to record. We are the historians of our culture and time.

No comments: