USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Blondheim Art Wekiva Trees

Wekiva Trees
8x10 inches
acrylic on panel
500.00

Silver Frame
Purchase HERE


Artist Journal


I'm back after a week of fun at the Wekiva State Park in Apopka Florida. My brain is completely fried. I managed to paint 13 paintings in 6 days, so I am pleased with the result. I think this was my all time favorite paint out. It was a beautiful setting and for the first time afforded the artists to live together in a community environment. Essentially, we went back to our youth and lived at camp for a week. It was the experience of a lifetime and I owe a huge debt of gratitude to Bill and Rachel Tibbits who were our hosts. Thank you so much for your generosity and kindness.

As a result of this paint out, I have decided to rebuild my other blog about paint outs in High Springs and make it a Florida Paint Out Blog. I will continue to add stories about our paint out adventures and to add new artists to the blog as I meet them.

More on the Paint Out to come.


Painters Tip


Traveling can be lonely for artists. We are isolated creatures due to our jobs, Getting to know other artists can help you pass the time when you are away from home. Make the effort to contact artists who may live near your destination. I like to stay in hotels rather than with artists or friends because I like my space and don't want to inconvenience someone else, however, it is nice to arrange to meet for dinner or lunch with other artists while you are in an area. Arranging to meet at museums or at galleries is always fun too. Just having a conversation with an artist friend while on the road can make you feel better if you are having a bad experience. That connection to the familiar and sharing with a friend who understands what you are going through is a special thing.

No comments: