USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Blondheim Art Landscape Painting Wekiva Sand Lake Palms

14x18 inches
oil on panel
silver frame
1000.00
Purchase HERE






Painters Tip



I finally got to paint in my studio today, after having been on the road and getting the college kids sent on their way back to school.

Yesterday I started using a new medium, Garrett Copal Medium Heavy. Yesterday, I was leaning toward the Gamblin Alkyd, but after having used the Garett medium all day, I am really starting to like it. For one thing the color is very rich with this medium, more jewel like , and the paint handling is fantastic. The paint sets up beautifully on both canvas and panels and you can work for a long time without any overworked areas. I am becoming a fan. I wasn't sure it was going to be worth the investment but I am sold.

They are both excellent mediums.

A word of caution here. Before you go out and order expensive products, wait until you are a competent painter and are able to put together a decent painting without anything but your solvent. You can buy the most expensive brushes, fine linen, canvas, birch panels, expensive easels and top line paint, but unless you have mastered the craft of painting competently, all of those things will do you no good at all. Good paints, supports,brushes and mediums will enhance a good painter's work, but will do nothing to improve a bad painting. Learn to paint well, then invest in top line products.

No comments: