USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Oil Landscape

12x16 inches
oil on panel
silver or gold frame
800.00
Purchase HERE

Painters Tip
Acrylic Palette

I discovered a very easy way to have a palette for acrylics. I cut a mat board 8x10 inches. I bought a box of the clear plastic paper protectors which fit in notebooks from the office supply store.
I slide the neutral colored mat board into the protector. I spray the top with water mixed with a few drops of retarder in the water. I then put small blobs of paint at the top. I spray over the paints again to seal them in moisture. I mix my paints away from the original blobs of paint. When the bottom of the palette gets crowded and the blobs run out, I can flip the palette over and begin again on the fresh side. After both sides are used, I slide the plastic sleeve off, discard it and slide the mat board into a fresh sleeve.

I've been using these palettes both in my studio and on location in my pochade box for at least a year. They work so well. No scraping paint off a palette and no mess.

No comments: