USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Monday, March 19, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Oil Landscape Painting Palms

This Week's Ebay Painting
View
HERE
10x10 inches
oil on deep gallery wrap canvas
Paynes Prairie Palms







Painter's Journal

This month has been too crazy, even for me. After having been on the road for most of the month, I came home to 6 college kids camped out in my studio on spring break from my daughter's school. I have been trying to work around them but it is impossible to paint this week so far. I am catching up on paperwork and working with artists as a career consutant this week. As long as I can get to my notebook computer I'm OK. They will be gone tomorrow and I will get the studio back together and start painting again. You know, I think I am a person who likes routine and order. I don't function as well with extended chaos. Especially disruption in my studio, which is the equivelant to sacred ground. It represents safety and happiness to me and I get territorial about it. I know it is childish :>)

Painters Tip

You should be able to stop a painting at any step and it should read as a well-thought out composition, enjoyable at that stage even if never finished. Of course you will finish it but I'm talking about the structure and composition as being able to stand alone without embellishments. If the block in and middle stages look poor, you will need to think about what is bothering you and do some correction before going further. If you don't know what is wrong, then put it away for a day and look at it again. You may see the problem after you allow your eyes and mind to rest.

No comments: