USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Blondheim Art Cape San Blas



Cheryl's View of San Blas
8x10 inches
oil on panel



Painters Journal

I arrived home today around noon (Thursday). I leave on Saturday AM for NC to teach. I will spend tomorrow re-organizing and sleeping as much as time permits. It feels like I have been away for a very long time.

I wanted to acknowledge the kindness and generosity of several people I met on the Forgotten Coast.

My thanks to Richard and Judy Carroll for making the Paint Out possible.
To Kim,Joe and Sandy for making it run right.

To my hosts Carrie and Charley for the sweet little house they gave me to live in and the fine meals and tours from Apalach to Mexico Beach.

To Linda and Polly for their kindness and positive spirit.

To all the staff of Steamers Restaurant who not only fed me, but gave me a cap to keep the sun off my face.

To Jo Heslin for her Southern Comfort and charm, and for the fine meal she gave me.

Cheryl from Coastal Realty for her kind hospitality.

To the Apalachicola Museum for hosting an exhibition of our paintings.




To all of my artist buddies who are such fun and a lifeline for me when I'm away from home. Many of you may not realize how important these friends become for each other. We are away from our homes so much and the other artists and people we meet associated with these paint outs become our families when we are on the road. It can be desperately lonely, traveling all the time, but they make it fun and good. My workshop students, and the artists I coach also become like family to me. I so look forward to hearing from them and seeing them at workshops.

Thank you all for a wonderful life.





Painters Tip


When you are between painting trips, take the time to get your painting supplies cleaned up and refreshed. Even if you are home for only a day or two, it will pay off to restock and clean up your equipment. I don't know about you, but after painting for 7 days, my brushes are in frightful condition. I must take them out and wash thm, getting the ones that are hopeless out of the box and replacing them if necesary. I am terrible on brushes and equipment. I guess it is because I paint so much. Some people have equipment which lasts for years. I'm lucky to make it through a year.

Even though you are tired, it is important to start off again with freshened supplies.

2 comments:

Phyllis Russell Franklin said...

Welcome home Linda!

Linda Blondheim said...

Thank you Phyllis, I will at least sleep one night in my own bed. I fel like I could sleep for a month.
Love,
Linda