USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

John C Campbell Folk School

I am writing from then John C Campbell Folk School in Brasstown NC. It is in the Southwestern mountains. A Lovely place and so dear. It even makes my cynical heart melt, which is no easy task. We sing songs and have blessings before each meal. The food is served family style and it is fresh and good. I am listening to a mandolin player as I write this.

It has gentle rolling hills and the blue mountains can be seen everywhere I look. There are fields of tall grasses and large shade trees, cattle and red barns. It is peaceful and genuine and so sweet.

My room is in an attic of the old farm house with antique furniture, cozy and comfortable.

We paint all day in class and then I paint for myself in the evening.

It is a wonderful experience.

More later......

No comments: