USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Friday, May 18, 2007

Blondheim Art Forgotten Coast




Simmons Bayou
8x10 inches
oil on panel

See my Forgotten Coast Paintings Here



Painters Journal




Well, I'm about half way in my re-packing for the trip to NC tomorrow. I finally got a good night's sleep which was helpful. I've caught up with the 200+ emails and uploaded the paintings on my web site from my last trip so I am ready to roll again.



I have to stop and reflect on how lucky I am. I have a glimpse of other worlds in my travels. Artists like me exist in multiple classes of society really. I have few material things and live very simply, but I am privileged to travel in very high circles indeed through my work. I am always shocked by how rich people really are. I feel awe when I come to their homes and hear about their lives. It is fun to imagine myself living that way. What must it be like to never have to worry about money? I am counting my change here, getting ready for my next trip. How I would love to have the kind of patronage which would guarantee my future income.

I'll see you all here after NC.




Painters Tip




I have discovered three of the great colors for outdoor painting. I use them every day as a basic workhorse. Daniel Green brand Sap Green and Prussian Blue are awesome for darks, lights or anything in between. Combined or separate. This brand of sap does not have that icky yellow bias. It is a cooler sap than any other brand I've used. I get it through my sponsor Jack Richeson & Company. The other paint I love is Utrecht brand Cad red light. If you like a warm palette it is terrific as an under painting for block ins. It makes beautiful salmons and pinks combined with Naples yellow. If I have those three colors, I can do good work every time. I know that I don't need either to mix good color b ut I like them and they save lots of time when I am under pressure to produce a lot of paintings.

For the Forgotten Coast Paint Out I used the following palette:

Sap Green
Prussian Blue
FUB
Thalo Blue
Cad Red Light
Transparent Red Iron Oxide
Cad yellow lemon
Cad yellow medium
Naples Yellow Light
Ivory Black
Flake White
Titanium White

This palette was larger than I usually paint with but the scenery was very diverse, so I felt that a larger palette was warranted.

1 comment:

Jane Chapin said...

Linda, I could not disagree with you more about the Forgotten Coast Paint Out. It was very well run and very fair. If I did not sell as much as others (and I did not) there was a reason for that and I look at what I can do next year to improve my sales. Further I think your decision to make this a public complaint which comes up high on a google search for the event is unprofessional and was an unfortunate decision on your part.