USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Plein Air Alla Prima




30x40 inches
oil on canvas
Available at: www.paddiwhack.com
Painters Tip

More on traveling to paint


One of the things I do before a painting trip is to open up both my acrylic and oil pochade boxes and do an inventory for paints, mediums and brushes. I take all of the brushes out and wash them in a mild soap. I gently put the hairs in the right direction and let them dry good on the counter before I put them back in the boxes.


If I will be away for weeks, I make sure to take extra paints (especially white), brushes,paper towels, painting panels, and items I usually have with me. Some places will simply not have paints, brushes, solvents, etc. for sale. There is nothing worse than discovering that you are going to run out of a paint color you need, or finding that your production is good and running out of canvas or panels, or frames. That happened to me last year at a paint out and I was lucky to find another artist who had one extra frame in the size I needed. I sold that painting too and payed her for the frame. That was just good luck but poor planning on my part. Always have as many frames as panels. :>)

No comments: