USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Indian Pass Palms





8x10 inches
oil on panel




Painters Journal



I have been running all over the place, painting like mad since my last post. I am still in Apalach. Tomorrow night is the first opening for the show of our work. This has been a wonderful experience and I regret that I will have to leave Thursday and miss the last few days. We are painting at San Blas and Indian Pass tomorrow on my last official day. I have thirteen paintings in total and expct to get two more tomorrow so I have had good production with 2 12x26 and 11 8x10. Not bad considering many interruptions for various events. I m getting very poor images of my paintings because it is dark in my room by the time I get home. I'll re-shoot what doesn't sell to post again.

One of the best things here is the fresh seafood in endless variety fresh each day. I am enjoying it so much.


Painters Tip


When you go to a paint out where your work will be sold, stay visible to curious folk and take the time to welcome them and be friendly. It will pay off later when they view the paintings. Patrons form a personal attachment to artists and so it is important to single yourslf out from the crowd. I carry biz cards with me at all times. I hand them out to everyone who stops to watch me paint. You never know when someone will keep thinking about your painting and come back to buy it.

No comments: