USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Blondheim Art Oyster Boat



8x10 inches
oil on panel
silver frame
500.00
Purchase HERE



Painters Tip


Using the KISS Rule


When I paint boats or objects that move, I use the KISS rule. This painting was done in very smoky conditions, during the Florida wild fires and the boat was at anchor but moving in the water. I used the basic simple lines to block in leaving out some of the details. I stopped to have lunch and when I returned the boat was gone. I had to finish the painting from memory but I had enough basic information down early in the painting to finish it with little trouble.

Anytime you are painting objects from life that can move, they will. The secret is to get all of your basic shapes, colors and design done at the block in stage of the painting so that you can "wing it" if necessary.

No comments: