USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Paintings



North Florida Palms
14x18 inches
oil on panel
gold frame
1000.00

Purchase HERE

Art Notes Blog HERE



Painters Tip


Keeping an outdoor studio in your car is very convenient and pretty easy. I have a sturdy cardboard box or metal basket for supplies, and my rolling file cart to hold my pochade boxes. I keep the following in my supply box:

Both acrylic and oil paints which are my backup and extra colors that I don't always use, but sometime need.

All solvents and mediums. I use a few layers of insulation on these to keep them from getting too hot. Since I don't paint on location often in the summer, it's not too much of a problem.

Bottled water for acrylics and for drinking.

duct tape, bungie cords and masking tape. Duct tape fixes most breaks in equipment and masking tape or bungies will tie down a palette and canvas in the wind. It will also do in a pinch if you need a straight edge.

short metal and plastic ruler

small plastic tarp

a pair of dry socks

bug juice,sunscreen

snack food

extra paint brushes

paper towels

painter hat

a concrete weight or gallon jug filled for weight.

Fold up garden bench to sit on occasionally

wet wipes

I keep paints brushes towels and painting panels in my paint boxes too.

By having the studio set up this way, I can simply walk out the door and get in the car ready to go. It sure makes painting easier. It takes a bit of time and work initially, but once you have it all together, it is simple to replace a few items as they run out. Be sure to check your supplies periodically. You will need to have something to transport wet oil paintings. You can purchase very nice wood boxes, plastic caardboard boxes or use pizza boxes. They all work fine.

2 comments:

Elio said...

Nice Color!

Linda Blondheim said...

Elio,
Thank you so much for the kind comment.
Love,
Linda