USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Monday, October 01, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Paintings



Washingtonian Palms
8x10 inches
oil on panel
gold frame
500.00

Purchase HERE



Painters Tip


It is plein air season again here in Florida. The dreade heat and humidity is on the wane, so I thought it would be good to go over some tips for those of you who are starting out.

The above painting was done on location yesterday. In fact it was a very complex subject with a lot of foliage and textures. When you work on location it become very important to focus on the major elements and to leave out what is ancillary. Just get to the meat of your subject and don't go off on tangents. The KISS rule definitly applies here.

Decide how much time you have to devote to your session and pack appropriately. If you are only going out for two or three hours, my usual preference, only take what you will actually use. One canvas, a few paints, a hat, sunscreen, bug juice, water, a tripod and box or French easel, paper towels, trash bag. You don't need to haul around massive amounts of supplies and equipment. Remember that you will be tired when you are through and all of that stuff will seem overwhelming. I keep all of my supplies in the trunk of my car so that I don't have to haul all of it arond. I keep a working studio in my car and in the house so that I don't have to constantly pack and unpack equipment. They are two separate studios.

more on plein air painting tomorrow...

No comments: