USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Paintings



Orange Sky
2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches
acrylic on index paper
matted to 4x6 inches
unframed
10.00

Purchase at EBAY

Art Notes Blog HERE


Painters Tip


More on plein air

You have your equipment purchased, your portable studio in the car and the parts and pieces you need for painting. Now what?

It's important to think about safety, especially for women. I've been painting out on location alone for at least 17 years. I travel all over the South, especially in Florida Georgia and Alabama painting. Knock on wood, I've never had any kind of incident. I am careful though. Whenever possible I paint in state, county,city parks,botanial gardens, college campuses,libraries, privately owned farms,beaches and city streets where there are lots of people around. I never go down isolated roads or to places where I can't be seen from the highway or "people places".

I always have a cell phone wih me and I tell someone I know where I will be painting or in the general area where I am going. I keep my phone on me and my keys on me so that I can reach for them right away. Keys can make a formidable weapon. I don't go very far from my car when I am alone unless I am on private land.

It is also a good idea to have pepper spray, or your dog with you if you are painting locally.

When you pull into a parking area, check it out thoroughly before you get out of the car. If you see someone who looks suspicious, find a new place to paint or wait until they leave before getting out of the car. If the place just doesn't feel right to you, drive way. I don't care how great a location it is, better to be smart than sorry.

I'm not trying to scare anyone here. I just want you to make smart choices if you are painting alone as I do.

3 comments:

artspace2000.com said...

We thought you might like to know that we have just released
an e book on our web site Art Space 2000.com called
"Marketing Your Art" An Insider's Guide To Selling Your Art".

This e book will provide you with all the information you need
to market your art work in professional, and profitable manner.
This book contains over eighty pages of information that is vital
to any artist that is looking to turn their art into a moneymaking business.

We invite you to take a moment to learn more about this exciting e book
and to view the video presentation. Click on the following link
http://www.artspace2000.com/marketing_your_art/marketing_your_art.htm

Thank you for your time,
Artspace2000

Joe Kazimierczyk said...

Good advice, Linda. People could also look for local art groups that organize plein air events. In the central NJ area, I belong to Artsbridge, which has a plein air group that meets weekly. I know a couple of people that have joined us purely for the safety in numbers factor. Plus, it's usually more fun than paining by yourself.

Linda Blondheim said...

Joe, Of course that is true. Florida has more than 50 plein air groups in Plein Air Florida. However, many times these group outings are more about social time than actual painting, so I usually prefer to paint on my own. It's important for me to actually accomplish work when I am out on location and some others feel the need to paint alone as well. It is often easier to just go by ones self rather than try to cooordinate a big group.

I am glad that you brought this tip to readers. Thanks.
Love,
Linda