USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Paintings



Marsh Grasses
2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches
Mounted on 4x6 inch mat board

See my paintings HERE

Art Notes Blog HERE


Painters Tip


Blocking In Major Elements

My method is simple and effective. I start with a single color to place the major elements in my painting. Once I have everything placed in the composition, I step back to take a look and think about what I might want to do to improve the placement.

If there are changes, I use a second color to move things around and to make adjustments. The advantage to this method is that you can clearly see your original composition and your revised composition.

You may not like any of the changes or some of them. Since you can see both versions, you can make intelligent choices between the two. Sometimes you will want to go somewhere in between the two. For that final adjustment use a third color.

This will be your final composition and the others will simply be painted over. Since all three versions are done in the thinest of stains, they are easily covered.

No comments: