USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Paintings



Color NOTAN Paintings of Orange Lake

See my paintings HERE

Art Notes Blog HERE


Painters Tip


Preparing for a paint out


I do a few professional paint outs each year here in the South. I have three lined up for spring of 2008.

There is always a lot of pressure to perform well at these events. You are painting with some of the top level painters from your region and you want to stack up well next to them.

I like to get ahead by doing some paintings in advance. getting the lay of the land, looking at possible painting spots and playing around with color, values and compositions. All of this preliminary work helps me to feel confident and excited about the event.

I have already started doing some miniature NOTAN paintings of Orange Lake and one of the Evinston farms, where we will be painting at The Heart of Florida paint out, April 11-18, 2008. I make a copy of the paintings to put into my reference book before I cut them out as individual miniatures to sell. I must say that I learn so much more from my NOTAN paintings than I do from big ones.

More on getting ready for paint outs tomorrow........

No comments: