USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Paintings



Color NOTAN Painting
2 1/3 x 3 1/2


See my paintings HERE

Art Notes Blog HERE


Painters Tip



For beginning plein air painters I recommend that you make yourself a cheat sheet to keep in your paint box or easel. Make a list of what you need to remember while you are painting.

Here is the list I give my students:

Simple Steps For Plein Air Painting

1. Keep your composition as simple as possible.
2. Omit fussy details.
3. Squint your eyes frequently to establish values.
4. Block in values early.
5. Create Intervals-Try not to put major elements on the same plane.
6. Work all over the painting, gradually adding details.
7. Step back frequently and give your mind a rest.
8. Create resting places in the composition when appropriate.
9. Use diagonals curves and angles to create interest.
10. Create a center of interest through brushwork, detail and color intensity.
11. Do you have a plan for your painting?
12. Will it have a dominant value? Dark, Light, Mid Value?
13. Lay in value and color where you see it. Save the refinement for later.
14. Do not over blend. Keep brushwork crisp and clean.
15. Does the painting have Texture, Rhythm and Harmony?

Don't overload the list. Just the basics. You can make up your own list. What I do is print it out on card stock in small type. I glue it to a little 4x6 mat board and put it in a little clear plastic envelope. That way you can clip it to your easel or box and it wont get too dirty.

2 comments:

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Wonderful list...... I will print it out and look at it often. Thanks Linda

Linda Blondheim said...

I'm glad it was useful. Feel free to make your own list or add to the one I use. it originally came from someone else but I have modified it and added more to it to suit the way I think about painting.