USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Paintings



Palm Icons

Cabbage Palm
5x7 inches
watercolor on watercolor paper
Unframed

40.00

Purchase HERE

Art Notes Blog HERE




Painters Tip

Using illustration to promote your art


There are lots of little ways to promote your art to others. Using fun illustration has always been a good way for me. I was recently invited to a cookie party for the holidays. We were encouraged to bring copies of our recipes to share with others. Instead of the usual index card, I printed two recipes per sheet of Index Paper and did a colorful illustration of cooking tools on each recipe. I simply cut the paper in half, making two recipes. I attached a business card to be back and I had instant promotion.





Illustrating all sorts of thank you notes, recipes, letters, forms and other items makes for interesting art to be passed around. Have you thought of illustrations on the bills you send to your local Dr, Dentist, Veterinarian, Insurance Company,and so forth? I also make homemade wrapping paper for gifts with colorful images on the paper. Illustration can be a wonderful way to promote your "real art". I'll bet you can think of dozens of ways to illustrate papers that will be seen by potential buyers.

They don't have to be elegant or detailed. The simplest, thumbnail sized line images are what I do, coloring them with markers, watercolor, or color pencil. They attract attention and they are clever. They remind people that you are an artist and perhaps your work could be useful for them.

I often do illustration work for people who want a unique party invitation, announcement, or memento for a special occasion. The best reason to do these illustrations is that they are just plain fun and good drawing practice for you.

No comments: