USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Paintings



Work in Progress
12x16 inches
oil on panel

See my paintings HERE

Art Notes Blog HERE


Painter's Tip

I started the painting above out on location. I have been studying the NOTAN process for several months and did this painting, using that process. In Notan, it is advisable to use one value to dominate, either a mid value, light or dark value. It is not always easy to make that decision successfully and it takes a fair amount of imagination and forethought. NOTAN is not free form or random. It is pretty deliberate. I like to simplify the values to include no more than four or five. Less is more with NOTAN painting. I must admit after a few months of trial and error, I am starting to get the advantage to this process. If you want to learn about values, study NOTAN.

No comments: