USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Blondheim Art Original Paintings



Mail Art
Brown Dune
2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches
watercolor on mat board
envelope included

11.00

See my paintings HERE

Art Notes Blog HERE


Painters Tip

An artist emailed me asking for my opinion on what makes a good web site for art sales.

Here are some important things to me. These are things I would look for as a buyer of art, which I am.

A shopping cart system or www.paypal.com with buttons under each painting. I want to be able to purchase immediately if I wish to, and it must be easy.

Good sized Images of paintings, get rid of thumbnails. I find them to be very annoying. I don't want to have to click on them to see a full image and I don't. I would much rather see 10 good images than dozens of thumbnails.

Images rotated frequently. I want to see new things each time I visit.

I want to read about the artist and see their personality, not just a dry bio and statement. I want to know what their passion is for in their art.

I want to see their events and studio news, updated in a timely way.

I want to read interesting material on their about me page and see pictures of them working.

I love to see WIP's and read about their process.

I want to know where they show their work so I can see it if I am traveling.

I want to sign up for their Rss Feed or opt in mailing list.

I want to read a newsletter at least once a month.

I want it to be easy to find them by typing in relevant key phrases in the search engines.

Having a blog is a good supplement or substitute for a web site and you should have links to your blogs on your site.

I want to be entertained and fascinated by a web site. I don't want the usual boring site with paintings, bio,etc. I like content and lots of it.

I am getting ready to pay a new webmaster to tweak my site, add RSS feeds, and text to improve the SEO. You need to do that at least once in a while to keep it as high as possible in searches. It takes lots of viewers to sell paintings.

No comments: