USA Collectors

Linda Blondheim Art Collector Map
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Iris and Lillies





8x10 inches
acrylic on panel
silver plein air frame
500.00

Purchase this painting at: http://www.lindablondheim.com/gallery.php






Painters Tip



Changing mediums from time to time, or frequently using multiple mediums can be good for you. I use oils and acrylics regularly. About once a year I will use casein or pastels for a few weeks too. I also draw with pencil just for myself to keep my skill levels up.

I find that changing mediums gives me a fresh outlook in my work and keeps me from getting into a rut. It is all too easy to get into a routine and to think and do art in the same old way.

I know artists whose work has looked the same for years. They have found a good slick formula that pays well in sales, so they do all of their work on the same supports or mediums. To me that is a mistake. Not only do I change my mediums from time to time, but I also use multiple brands of paints, brushes, and supports.

I want to grow and change, allowing my work to evolve.

I have been a painter for a long time so my style is established. At this stage of my career I can have some fun and play in the studio. I believe it keeps my work fresh and new.

If you are just starting out, it is important that you have consistency in your work so that you will develop your style over time. You need to spend time in one medium to learn it's characteristics.

Old dogs like me can afford to play and we should.

No comments: